In our home, we REALLY love breakfast. Most mornings, we grab a bowl of Chia Seed Pudding or blend up a berry and spinach smoothie as we’re sprinting out the door. But, on those rare, slow mornings when we’re able to spend a little more time in the kitchen we treat ourselves to avocado toast.
Avocado Toast is my favorite breakfast for two reasons – one being because the mixture of the feta, avocado, and a runny egg is to die for! Second, and most importantly is because Patrick is the egg chef in our home and prefers to make this meal by himself! So, all I have to do is pour a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and watch.
To call this a “recipe” would be a stretch. All it takes is a few ingredients and about 20 minutes, but the outcome is very impressive. Patrick and I are convinced that if we ever opened a restaurant, this toast alone could keep us in business.
So, if you have time for a slow morning this weekend (or at least 20 minutes to spare) I highly suggest that you cut up some fresh fruit, fry up a couple slices of bacon, and put together a piece of avocado toast. Mimosas are never a bad idea, either!
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of whole wheat toast (or English muffins)
- 2-3 oz. feta
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Slice the avocado open vertically and remove the pit. Slice the avocado inside of the skin, not piercing through the skin. Using a spoon, scoop the avocado out of the skin and into a bowl. Set aside.
- Crumble the feta evenly over the slices of bread.
- Toast the bread in the oven for 12 minutes.
- While bread is toasting. Prepare your eggs however you like them. (We prefer over-easy and over-medium, but scrambled would work well here, also.)
- Assemble your toast – Spread the avocado slices on the feta-topped bread, add your egg, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
You can subscribe to Stacey’s Stir by entering your email address in the right-hand column of the home page. Subscribers receive email notifications anytime a new post is published.
2 thoughts on “Avocado Toast”
I made this tonight and it was amazing!! My Aldi didn’t have regular feta cheese so I got the sweet heat feta cheese and it was really good on it. It gave it a kick lol thanks for this recipe 😊
Yum!! I bet that was good! I’ve seen other recipes drizzle sriracha over it for that little kick but have never tried it that way. Smart thinking!! 🤓